🔕 🔔

Can this recipe be made ahead or in a slow cooker? How? http://damndelicious.net/2014/12/31/lemon-butter-chicken/?m

http://damndelicious.net...

asked by Pam almost 2 years ago

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Yes, it can (Conversion tables found online.) But a slow cooker will not produce any crispy skin. Cook as directed, pull out chicken thighs, then pat dry and cook or broil on high heat careful not to overcook the meat. Oce crisp, plate with slower cooker remains.

What if I brown the chicken before I put it on crockpot. Can everything else, like the spinach and cream go in for five hours?

18b4c5ea 4fcd 4b40 ae35 f46aa73b4abf  img 0848

I'd probably wait to add the cream and spinach until the last 30 minutes or so. Slow cookers retain much more moisture than dry heat cooking methods, and you're going to get a lot of moisture from the fresh spinach. So, I'd consider skipping the chicken broth, and just letting the chicken cook in its own juices. It really just depends on how much "sauce" you want.