🔕 🔔

how to store a tube of harissa?

i bought a tube of harissa and used just a little bit. now how do i store it-in refrig. cool pantry or wherever.
thanks

asked by alienor over 1 year ago

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Definitely keep it in the fridge.

Cf2e1d30 3e40 42bc 999a 9832adeef4b8  dsc 0750

We pop ours in the fridge and it lasts for ages!

Be53e5fa f5fe 4601 8d5e 7d9c096a5aed  nog
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

I like to add a little slick of oil over the top to keep it from getting exposed to the air. It keeps that top layer from drying out. Then you can either stir it into the harissa or just pour it off and put it on your eggs or tuna salad....

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

Isn't that a little fussy for a metal tube?

Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Phew. Cv, I owe you some thanks for prompting me to go back and re-read the question more carefully. I agree, it would be a extraordinarily fussy (not to mention hysterical) for me to try add a slick of oil over the top of some harissa already in a metal tube. How do you think one does that, exactly? Apologies to the community for not pointing out that, when I talked about saving harissa, I was referring to the jar I keep in the fridge when I make a homemade batch or get some in a jar from the store when I by it ready made. On closer examination of the question, I also realized that I never answered the question directly about whether or not to keep it in the fridge. Jeez. If I'm not more careful, the editors might make me a 'not-very trusted home cook.' Good thing you're keeping a sharp eye out for slackers and ne'er-do-wells!.

When I read your reply and then CV's response, I chuckled out loud.