what other fruit to use if figs are not in season?

I planned on making an appetizer for an event this weekend and Figs are not in season. Can you recommend another fruit in it's place with Gorgonzola on Crostini with sprinkles of honey? Thank you

asked by Sandralisa almost 3 years ago

Another fruit to consider would be apple.

C Sangueza

If you would consider using preserves instead of fresh fruit and honey, fig preserves or quince paste would be good.

Rachel

The other day, I roasted black grapes at 400 degrees with olive oil and salt for about 20 minutes. Then put them on crostini with a soft cheese and honey sprinkled with mint and a couple grinds of black pepper. It was delicious!

Shuchi

Try roasted beets!

burning-ice

Also dates.

Jona @AssortedBites

Yes, dates! Or dried figs :)

Lesley Simpson

Medjool dates.
Sweet of date with the salt tang of the cheese!