Does anyone have a honey vanilla ice cream recipe I can use with figs I bought this morning at the farmer's market?

Also came home w/ lemon verbena and thought of infusing it into the custard. How do you think that would go with honey vanilla fig ice cream - ok or too many flavors? Thanks!

asked by loves2eat almost 7 years ago

Poires au Chocolat

This milk and honey ice cream recipe looks delicious - http://notsohumblepie.blogspot.... You could adapt that to include figs or serve it with roasted figs?

jmddc

David Lebovitz has a recipe for Lavender-Honey ice cream in The Perfect Scoop. You could do an infusion with your verbena instead of lavender. His recipe is a regular (1 qt) vanilla custard base to which is added (thru a strainer) the herbal infusion from 1/4c flowers and 1/2C honey, warmed and steeped for 1 hr. Hope this helps!

loves2eat

Thanks, poiresauchocolat, for introducing me to notsohumplepie. And to jmdde for reminding me of David Lebovitz' recipe.

Green Card Gardener

I usually make honey parfait, it has a light, airy consistency and goes will with fruit, see my recipe Amaretto-poached apricots with honey parfait. I usually only use honey. If the figs are ripe and sweet I would leave it at the combination of figs and honey.