🔕 🔔

Is ceramic cookware safe

Trying to figure out if staub is worth it as I see my caliph akin peel and chip

asked by Jesse Raben over 1 year ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Yes, ceramic cookware is safe. But Staub is not ceramic, it's enameled cast iron. You're right that it's pricey, but if you can afford it it's nice. If you do want to check out ceramic, look at Emile Henry Flame. It's pretty wonderful and can even go on the grill.

ahh right - -sorry about that -- enameled versus ceramic. I see the staub enameled cast iron a lot of places and believe it to be safe. Just want to begin getting away from the non-stick stiff as I see it peel and crack in my pots and pans. Thanks-