🔕 🔔

Freezing breaded chicken?

I would like to make and freeze a batch of breaded, pan fried chicken tenders to have on hand for my daughter, who loves them. They crisp up pretty well after being refrigerated (not as good as straight out of the oven, but my daughter doesn't care), but I've never frozen them before and I don't know if they would crisp up again after freezing. She is not interested in eating the pre-packaged, frozen kind - I've tried that and no go, she will only eat the ones I make (which is pretty cool). Anyone have experience with this?

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

asked almost 2 years ago

F83774ec c18a 46a4 8dff 00877f15aed6  image
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

...I meant not as good as straight out of the PAN not straight out of the oven. Wishing for that edit button...

9222c532 27a1 4ba1 88e4 001b7bd829f8  image

I do this all the time for my kids, and I find that they crisp up nicely out of the freezer. I usually bake them (rather than reheating them in a pan).

Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Awesome - thanks! Yes, when I recrisp them out of the fridge I do it in the oven too.