Is there any easy gluten-free replacement for flour when breading chicken to pan-fry?

LornaFarris March 31, 2012
I agree with everyone above - all sound great! I would probably opt for the nut flour option personally. However - for something a bit darker and with more flavor, you can't go wrong with Teff flour mixed with a little parsley and garlic :-)

SKK March 30, 2012
I use coconut flour. It adds a wonderful flavor and browns beautifully.

shobita March 30, 2012
My husband is not only allergic to gluten but not fond of most grains. Finally, I found the absolutely best tasting solution: Skinny Crisps by Myrna's. They are crackers, mostly made from Almonds and Chickpea Flour, Flax Seeds, Psyllium Husks and Olive Oil and come in different flavours: Cheesy, Onion and Plain Jane are my favorites. I grind the crackers and use them to make breaded anythingl. Schnitzel (breaded chicken) turn out crispy, and I put the "bread crumbs" into meatloafs, tomato soup, etc.! They are available in Gluten free stores, like My Low Carb Life in Danvers MA.

Darlene C. March 30, 2012
I always seem to use a combo of cornstarch and rice flour when dredging meat or tofu to be fried. It also produces really crispy bits! ;)

sarah K. March 30, 2012
I've heard good things about using almond (or your favorite nut) flour.

Merrill S. March 30, 2012
Rice flour should work nicely.