Storage help! Narrow but deep pantry cabinets!

Hi food52ers! I just moved into a new apartment and I'm figuring out my kitchen and the best way to use it. Our "pantry" is a a stack of cabinets from floor to ceiling which present quite a bit of space, but in an interesting way. The cabinets are only about a food wide but are about 3 feet deep. Was wondering if any others have a similar set-up and have any good ways of utilizing the space - I'm currently trying to figure out a way to not be constantly having to reach back/around things.

Thanks in advance!

• Posted by: byb
  • February 2, 2016

Nancy February 2, 2016

Wire baskets to fit, alone or on runners, so you can pull out the contents, select and use

byb
byb February 3, 2016

Great idea! Or maybe some kind of basket drawer set. Thanks!

sexyLAMBCHOPx February 2, 2016

Check out The Container Store and Ikea website for possible storage solutions.

Smaug February 2, 2016

It's often possible to retrofit full extension slides, which come pretty deep, but it would require an unusual degree of cooperation from your landlord.

byb
byb February 3, 2016

That is a great idea. But yea, we're trying to not make too many extensive changes.