🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chicken in Red Wine Vinegar Sauce

Bb065767 525c 46e0 b204 0c55f629b51e  v chicken

I have a question about the recipe "Chicken in Red Wine Vinegar Sauce" from ChefJune. Is there a classic side-dish traditionally served with this, something Lyonnaise? For sauce mopping! Thanks.

asked by Emily | Cinnamon&Citrus almost 2 years ago

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

In France, bread would naturally be on the table.

Every time I've been served this dish in Lyon, the only thing that is consistently served with it is a crusty baguette for picking up the sauce. At our house, we kinda like mashed potatoes with it, but it's not traditional.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

Aside from agreeing with Chef June's good pairing with mashed potatoes, polenta might also be nice w/ it.

Da99f4cd 8368 4906 81f0 2d566f46a46d  image

Thanks for the answers! For some reason I had a thought stuck in my head that there was a fancy pilaf to go with this, but I would love to sop up the sauce with bread and/or potatoes.