🔕 🔔

how do you bread fish?

asked by @jackreynolds01 almost 7 years ago

One way is pretty much the same way as you bread chicken..is called panne (pah-nay).

You need three trays, one with flour, one with a beaten egg, and one with bread crumbs.
Lightly coat fist in flour...tap off excess.
Dip fish in egg to coat, but not saturate.
Cover fish in bread crumbs

Edit..."lightly coat FISH in flour"

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

How you bread it depends a lot on what kind of fish you have how you plan to cook it. Saute, deep fry, bake: what do you have and how to you want to do it?

Fc23ea4b 9ae1 494e 8a6f ba43f6488062  me by barbara tyroler

I do it as Mr Fox does, although I often use cornmeal instead of bread crumbs, and I find that milk works as well as an egg. I don't deep fry, I saute. It is important to have the oil hot enough.