how do you bread fish?

asked by @jackreynolds01 over 7 years ago

Fantastic Mr Fox

One way is pretty much the same way as you bread chicken..is called panne (pah-nay).

You need three trays, one with flour, one with a beaten egg, and one with bread crumbs.
Lightly coat fist in flour...tap off excess.
Dip fish in egg to coat, but not saturate.
Cover fish in bread crumbs

Fantastic Mr Fox

Edit..."lightly coat FISH in flour"

betteirene

How you bread it depends a lot on what kind of fish you have how you plan to cook it. Saute, deep fry, bake: what do you have and how to you want to do it?

Nora

I do it as Mr Fox does, although I often use cornmeal instead of bread crumbs, and I find that milk works as well as an egg. I don't deep fry, I saute. It is important to have the oil hot enough.