🔕 🔔

Hello all! I'm a freelance journalist working on a multimedia project celebrating the diversity of NYC through homecooks and their recipes.

If you live in NYC and love making food that connects you to your home, heritage, or history, you're perfect!
Email me: [email protected]

asked by Evelyn Chapman over 1 year ago

695013bb 6175 44d4 9967 d3fa0ab27033  stringio

So what's the question?

F83774ec c18a 46a4 8dff 00877f15aed6  image
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Sounds like a great project - thanks for posting it here.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

If you're not familiar with this, I'd check it out: https://www.leagueofkitchens...

Immigrant cooks from all over the world - India, Caribbean, Argentina, Lebanon, Greece, Japan, etc. - who host small workshops in their NYC kitchens, using their home recipes.

Also Hot Bread Kitchen (home of the cookbook of the same name here in Piglet) which is comprised of immigrants from around the world who are all now here in New York.

Thank you all so much! I actually reached out to League of Kitchens, they very kindly gave me some other resources for finding home cooks. I will definitely look into these other responses. Wish me luck!