🔕 🔔

any good uses for liver sausage, besides eating it straight? My husband brought home 3 lbs. Can I freeze it?

asked by stilltrying almost 7 years ago

9b94e94b 0205 4f2c bb79 1845dcd6f7d6  uruguay2010 61

When you say liver sausage, do you mean liverwurst or a German style "smear-wurst"? The type would dictate what can be done with it . . . but I would say you could freeze it with no problems.

67bf087f e880 479d add5 0f9f3743c495  open uri20140906 32307 1jlfk11

it is authentic liver sausage, made at a local market. I am going to try to freeze it - thanks

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

You might notice a difference in texture, like it might become less smooth and more crumbly, but you'll still have all the taste.

SuperBowl XLV Ball: Mix one part liver sausage with one part softened cream cheese until well blended; refrigerate, roll into a ball, coat with finely sliced green onions or chives.

Liver Sausage Rumaki: Remove crusts from fresh soft white bread (Wonder Bread is perfect for this) and flatten with a rolling pin. Spread each slice with softened cream cheese, then liver sausage. Sprinkle with finely chopped green onion. Lay slices of water chestunuts along one edge. Roll bread up like a jelly roll; wrap with a slice of bacon. Place on a rack on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F until bacon is crisp.