What is your favorite Ceviche recipe

I just started getting into Ceviche, like to hear some of your favorite recipes.

asked by Nan about 2 years ago

ChrisBird

Probably this one...

http://seabirdskitchen...

I am in favor of starting out simply (andd I usually do it this way still) - cut up a mild white fish such as cod, place it in a bowl and season with a pinch of salt, then squeeze enough lime juice over top to cover, stir it a couple times to make sure all fish is in lime. Let that sit in the fridge for a couple of hours. When you are about ready to serve, dice up tomato and red onion, mince a jalapeno. Drain the fish, stir it in with the veggies, squeeze a bit of fresh lime on top and another pinch of salt. Top with fresh cilantro, serve with tortilla chips an sliced avocado.

That said, I am trying this one next!
https://food52.com/recipes...

My favorite ceviche are always the ones that I eat from the street vendors in Baja. I use this recipe (making little changes along the way) which closely resemble the ones eaten in Mexico. The small amount of orange juice really adds a nice dimension.
http://www.foodandwine...

Nan
Nan

Our fish guy suggested a little ginger ale at the end

Hmmm...that doesn't sound good to me. Did he tell you why? I'm picturing bubbles which would remind me of a fermented product, but maybe the bubbles are go away.

Nan
Nan

I think just to add a little sweetness, like the orange juice

Oh got it. The bubbles must go away.

CanadaDan

i make a delicious summer ceviche with tilapia (though it works great with red snapper too). I marinade it in a combination of lemon, lime and grapefruit juice for 1-2 hours depending on how firm/cooked you like it. Remove the fish and discard the juices and add diced mangos, cucumbers, avocados, red onion and jalapenos to taste. Season it then add some more fresh lime, lemon and grapefruit juices to brighten it up at the end. Serve with something crunchy. I've gotten great reviews from friends.

Stephanie G

I do mine about the same as Abbie and Daniel combined...I always include mango or pineapple.