How to keep pastries fresh for 3 days?

I am hosting a baby shower with 50 attendees this weekend and today is the only time in my schedule I have available to finish my grocery shopping. I am planning on picking up some assorted pastries and I don't want them to get stale or slimy between here and Saturday? Ideas and advice are welcomed. Thanks!

asked by Summer of Eggplant over 2 years ago

see
see

I always think fresh is best, but if you buy the right kind of pastry you might be able to freeze it for a few days and defrost the morning of the party. I would think a cheese filled, almond pastry would work. Good luck.

Stephanie

Depending on what exactly you're getting, put them in the oven the morning of to refresh/recrisp them. I've done this with croissants @ 350 for about 5-10 minutes.

scruz

i've been experimenting "freshening" up or somewhat steaming items in the microwave. i put a damp paper towels over the item and microwave it. i've done this with bread and a bean burrito with great results. the items come out warm/hot and very soft as though very fresh. you might try doing that.