🔕 🔔

Help!! I left out my Cornish hens last night to thaw and remembered them by noon. Are they still ok? I keep my house pretty cool (around 70 d

We want to cook them tonight but can't risk getting sick.

asked by Gryphen over 1 year ago

Yes! They will be fine..

5931bcf1 b22d 41db bdb0 e856dde60d58  image

not safe to leave meat to thaw out. I would say you should not use meat. Throw it.

695013bb 6175 44d4 9967 d3fa0ab27033  stringio

Meat will generally tell you in no uncertain terms if it's gone bad- give it a sniff. Assuming you're going to cook it, should be no problem.

2487144e c60d 4bdc b4cc 4af767a9ad96  img 6405

Here's where I use the phrase taught to us in Home Ec back in the 60's. "When in doubt, throw it out!" I've done the same thing and give it a sniff and feel it to see if it's gotten too warm. Which means it more than likely gets tossed.