Help!! I left out my Cornish hens last night to thaw and remembered them by noon. Are they still ok? I keep my house pretty cool (around 70 d

We want to cook them tonight but can't risk getting sick.

asked by Gryphen over 2 years ago

cathy Brown

Yes! They will be fine..

Regine

not safe to leave meat to thaw out. I would say you should not use meat. Throw it.

Meat will generally tell you in no uncertain terms if it's gone bad- give it a sniff. Assuming you're going to cook it, should be no problem.

Here's where I use the phrase taught to us in Home Ec back in the 60's. "When in doubt, throw it out!" I've done the same thing and give it a sniff and feel it to see if it's gotten too warm. Which means it more than likely gets tossed.

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris