I made turkey meatballs last night and today they seemed a little under-cooked. What's the best way to re-cook them before feeding them to the baby?

Last night I baked them and they seemed cooked through-- just want to make sure they're really thorough since baby will be eating them. They've been in the fridge about 24 hours now. They don't need to be the best things I've ever made, but is there a safe way to cook further once they've cooled, etc?

• Posted by: curious
  • June 28, 2017

Voted the Best Reply!

Nancy June 28, 2017

Common sense answer:
If undercooked and left for hours, the turkey meatballs may have already developed bacteria unfriendly to delicate, developing or endangered immune systems (babies, infants, pregnant or nursing women, those ill with system-wide disease).
Probably avoid serving this meat to those populations.
For fixing and serving to other populations, someone with more food safety experience can advise.

AntoniaJames June 30, 2017

If you cooled and refrigerated so there are no safety issues, I'd simply microwave the meatballs until they are no longer pink inside. That will reheat them, and it's easy, too! ;o)

MMH
MMH June 30, 2017

If you think they are safe to eat, I'd reheat them under the broiler so they won't get rubbery in the microwave. I reheat this way often.

nance
nance July 1, 2017

You can also reheat and cook them through by simmering them in some chicken broth. As a bonus, toss some soup ingredients in and make two dishes in one.