I thawed chicken in the microwave and then left it in the refridgerator overnight, is it still good?

I was getting ready to make dinner last night and it was last minute so I thawed the chicken in the microwave and then I found out my mom already had something planned she just hadn't anything so I put it in the refridgerator. I plan on cooking it for dinner tonight i just want to make sure it's okay.

asked by Marissa almost 2 years ago

Marissa

Sorry for the typing mistakes

Linda Squires

NO!

Michele

I would do something with it that really overcooks it. I would put it in a pot with onion, carrot, celery, etc and basically make a soup with it. Let it simmer on low for several hours and then pull of the meat and use in the soup.

Marissa

It won't make people sick if I do that? I dont want to waste it but I don't want to make anyone sick.

I'm not sure what the issue is here. Did the microwave warm the chicken or was it cool to the touch? Even if it warmed it, it was chilled immediately right? If so, I wouldn't hesitate to cook it. I have never used my microwave to thaw meat, so maybe I'm missing something.

Michele

As long as you really cook the meat there shouldn't be a problem - you will kill anything in it. I can't tell you (and won't) the number of times I have re-heated / left out / done things and as long as the meat is well cooked you should be good. I do soup if I am ever in doubt.