🔕 🔔

cheesecake

I baked a cheesecake, let it cool, and upon removing the springform side, it seemed to me that the cheesecake may need more time baking, although I'm not entirely sure...never made one before. It has structure, no cracks, but somehow it seems not as firm as I thought it would. Is it okay to put it back into the oven after having been out for about an hour, or should I let it be? I wasn't sure if the firmness increased after refrigerating it, or if it meant I didn't bake it long enough.

asked by Amber Jeanfreau over 1 year ago

0022585b ac31 476f 99fb ddea69bdece6  fb avatar

I would not put back in the oven, but refrigerate it. That will probably firm it up a bit. If it turns out to be softer than you wished, it will still probably taste great.

3d9a3882 c161 441f 8a91 0efd10979f7c  2007 09 11e s4

Obviously, without taking a look at it, it's hard to tell. I'd go ahead and put it in the 'fridge for 4 or 5 hours and check it again. I'm afraid that putting the spring-form back together and sticking it back in the oven would over-cook the outer portion at this point.

In the future, until you have the experience to judge by sight and jiggle, check the internal temperature at the center of the cheesecake. It should be in the 150-155ºF range. When you see that temperature, give the pan a little jiggle. You should see just a little jiggle movement in the inner 1/3 or so of the filling.