What kinds of pans can you use for baking? Is glass O.K.?

I have a recipe for cheesecake squares that calls for an 8 x 8 inch baking pan. It does not say what kind of pan to use. Can I use a Pyrex square glass pan? They say to line the pan with a double layer of parchment to make it easy to lift the cheesecake out of the pan after it has cooled. I don't know if that will also protect the cheesecake in a glass pan. I really don't want to buy a metal pan to try one recipe. Much thanks!

asked by bella s.f. over 6 years ago

Mr_Vittles

Sure! You can use a glass pan that has the given dimensions. Metal just conducts heat better than glass. I would great the bottom of the pan along with the sling to make sure nothing sticks.

bigpan

You have to alter the temp and cooking times when using glass. Maybe check the mfg website

The typical temperature adjustment for a Pyrex pan is to lower the oven temperature by 25 degrees F.

And you're baking it in a water bath, right?

bella s.f.

There was nothing about a water bath in the recipe. It never crossed my mind. Should it?