Just took this picture Fresh squid from the sea . Any good recipe please?

asked by pauljoseph over 7 years ago

pauljoseph

Fresh squid from the Sea any good recipe please

casa-giardino

Clean and remove tanticles. Make a stuffing with old-day bread crumbs, chopped garlic, parsley, 1 egg, some grated cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well, Take a little stuffing and place into each squid. Secure end with tootpick. (Do not use too much stuffing as it will expand once cooked). Saute' stuffed squid in a little olive oil (10 minutes or so). Add some finely chopped tomatoes and simmer for an additonal 15 minutes. Serve with a side dish of fresh or frozen peas and few peal onions.

brandon

make a simple risotto with chorizo, tomatos and chicken stock and stuff the squid searin a hot pan and squeeze fresh lime and fresh tomato juice over it

betteirene

Oh, my! Wow to both photos. . .that's all I can say right now. I'm speechless from jealousy.

amreiskitchen

I've done a stuffed version similar to casa-giardino's but the one thing I encountered with squid somewhat larger than the average grocery chain size (which yours appear to be in the photo) is that they need longer simmering in more liquid. I had some once that took at least 45 min. they were delish once cooked but really needed the braise to tenderize them.
I have also been told that the Asians stuff them with a sausage mixture and grill them. But, I haven't tried it yet. I'd love to know how yours turn out as I still have some in the freezer awaiting the dinner table.

amreiskitchen

P.S. add chopped up tenticles to your stuffing.

healthierkitchen

Wow! Have never seen these. there is a restaurant in San Francisco that does calamari steak, I believe with giant squid. It is delicioius, pan sauteed in garlic butter. I wish I had a recipe, but I suspect you'd cut off the tenticles, then cut open the squid to flatten it into a big steak.

pauljoseph

Thank you for all your beautiful recipes will make all and definitly take picture and post to food52.
Yesterday we made a Stir Fried Squid With curry leaf, pepper and salt

innoabrd

FWIW, what you have there actually appears to be cuttlefish, rather than squid. Squid, even the big ones, has a more elongated body and a clear 'plastic' bone, while cuttlefish has a white bone that is a bit chalky.

Can often be used interchangeably, but cuttlefish tends to have a thicker flesh. I actually generally prefer cuttlefish when I can get it. Yours look gorgeous and amazingly fresh!

I'm quite fond of Marcela Hazan's quid and potato recipe, and think it especially works well with thick chunks of cuttlefish!

http://www.jmdl.com/guitar...