🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Jim Lahey's No-Knead Pizza Dough + Margherita Pie

51006ece 27c9 4bd0 8cd2 b3efda667fcc  food52 01 30 12 3449

I have a question about the recipe "Jim Lahey's No-Knead Pizza Dough + Margherita Pie" from Genius Recipes. Problem with stretch and tear using 00 flour. Help! I've made this twice - it makes a delicious chewy but crispy, tasty crust, but it is very hard to stretch, and tears a lot. I've let it rise 18 hours and 26 hours, rest in the fridge for a few hours and then let it come to temp on the counter for 3 hours. Do i need to change the water ratio? Protein is 9.5g. Thanks!

asked by LloJo about 1 year ago
A1f55a3c 96b3 44ae a014 58ed6eae081a  fb avatar
Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey is known for his innovative no-knead bread recipe, popularized by the New York Times; he is the Founder/Owner of Sullivan Street Bakery, Chef/Partner of Co. Restaurant, and is the acclaimed cookbook author of "My Bread" and "My Pizza."

9.5 is just the amount of protein preserving . It sounds as if your dough is over fermented and or you are spastically handing the dough which by the way is a common occurrence . I've never specified 00 flour , as if this is neccissary , oh please! Any quality wheat flour can be used to create dough for pizza. Try using less yeast and play with the dough less , oh and stop taking advice from food bloggers who set themselves up as so called "experts" and relax and have fun failing. I hope this is helpful. Most importantly Eat your mistakes!