The exclusive Italian nonstick from Ballarini the pros swear by. Shop now »
🔕 🔔

Quiche Help - Fully Cooked Duck Bacon?

I am making a quiche lorraine (Emeril's recipe) but using fully cooked duck bacon. Should I still fry up the bacon, or would it be better (less grease in the quiche) to not fry it up?

Furthermore, if anyone has any tips for freezing the quiche (wrap in parchment, etc.), I would be most grateful! Thank you!

asked by Farrah 12 months ago

Is the bacon already nice and crunchy and the fat is rendered? If so, add is. If not, I would render the bacon in a separate pan first, drain off the fat once it's done, and pat the bacon dry with a paper towel before adding it to the quiche.

You can also keep the fat you've rendered and use it to fry potatoes in.

F8bcab55 ddd5 4fea b957 f93cfd2a9ccd  dsc02631
Leith Devine

Leith is a trusted home cook.

I've used it before and it fries up well, but it cooks faster. Watch it so it's heated but not dried out. The amount of fat can vary...if there's too much, dry it on a paper towel.