Repurposing humdrum babyback rib meat

We brought home half a rack of so-so babyback ribs from a restaurant. The sauce was uninspired/jarred but the meat was pretty tender. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of rinsing off the sauce, drying them, shredding the meat, and then . . . what? There will still surely be a vestige of the sweet-ish barbecue sauce.

asked by LisaD over 2 years ago

Mix the meat with shredded potatoes for hash.

or use the meat for tacos.

Leith Devine
Leith Devine

Leith is a trusted home cook.

You could use it for pulled pork sandwiches with your own, improved sauce.

jakestavis

believe it or not Goop (!) has a delicious recipe for lemongrass ribs using the slow cooker goop.com/recipes/lemongrass-baby-back-ribs/

Usually I slightly adapt it based on what I have in the pantry (regular sugar instead of coconut sugar, molasses or honey in place of brown rice sugar). since the ribs are already cooked you could prepare the marinade/sauce and skip to step three?

You can crisp the meat in hot oil for carnitas (don't over do it). Add some hot sauce such as Cholula or Tapatio and make tacos or burritos or pupusas etc.