🔕 🔔

Save a sandy streusel

Making fiona cairns date bars. The streusel like topping came out very sandy. Any suggestions to save thi batch? Melting butter and additional bake time?

asked by withinseason over 1 year ago

ktr

I'm probably about 6 hours too late, but I'd melt some butter and drizzle it over the top and then bake for a little longer.

Add milk or water SLOWLY by the spoonful and mix with your hand until you have the desired texture.

Amy

As a general rule, when I make streusel topping, I never use soft butter...always melted. That way, when it mixes with the dry, it forms little lumps of topping instead of a sandy mixture (I suspect you didn't let it mix long enough to start sticking together, and thus it won't bake up like a normal streusel).