🔕 🔔

Recipe Needed -- Banana Bread with Streusel

Hoping to discover a banana coffee cake or something like that with crumbly streusel. "Baking by Flavor" has a streusel layer built in, but I was thinking something more German. Ideas?

asked by Melusine 2 months ago

Two possible roads.
Cakes or muffins with streusel and the banana in the batter (here, see link)
https://food52.com/recipes...
Take an echt Deutsch recipe and add banana to it ...sliced as a layer beneath the streusel or as banana chips on top,,,play around with the recipe.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe...

731da808 0ee6 4688 813c 05a2a7f1ca9b  16463817 10154453650334385 2720521257626860247 o

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

If you have a good banana bread/cake recipe and a good blitzkuchen recipe, I'd just take the streusel from the latter and put it on the former. If I have an idea and I can't find a recipe that fits my vision, I'll create it myself. Its useful to have a big database of really solid baking components (good banana cake, good coffee cake with streusel, etc.) that you can build onto one another to make an array of different things. Play...be fun!