🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Whipped Cream Frosting

0b80ea06 3a68 49cb a0a8 626c5eb59d15  img 1670

I have a question about the recipe "Whipped Cream Frosting" from sdebrango. How long will a double sponge iced in this whipped cream hold in the fridge? ;o) Thank you so much.

asked over 1 year ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Hi and thanks for the question. I have kept the cake in the fridge several days. Usually made the day before serving and then leftover cake has kept well in the fridge for 3-4 days. Hope that helped. I have not had cake left longer than that.

Terrific! Thanks so much. I'm planning to make the strawberry shortcake made with a genoise, shown on Cook's Illustrated's site today, using both strawberries and blueberries, for our Independence Day block party. I think it will be beautiful if I frost the top and sides in whipped cream. (Don't worry. It will be chilly, light sweater weather when the desserts come out.) Thanks for the prompt reply! Cheers, ;o)

Hi AJ, I do the same every Fourth of July with strawberry and blueberry it's wonderful. Happy Memorial weekend to you and yours ?