A question about a recipe: Whipped Cream Frosting

I have a question about the recipe "Whipped Cream Frosting" from sdebrango. How long will a double sponge iced in this whipped cream hold in the fridge? ;o) Thank you so much.

0b80ea06 3a68 49cb a0a8 626c5eb59d15  img 1670
Recipe question for: Whipped Cream Frosting

1 Comment

sdebrango May 26, 2016

Hi and thanks for the question. I have kept the cake in the fridge several days. Usually made the day before serving and then leftover cake has kept well in the fridge for 3-4 days. Hope that helped. I have not had cake left longer than that.

AntoniaJames May 26, 2016

Terrific! Thanks so much. I'm planning to make the strawberry shortcake made with a genoise, shown on Cook's Illustrated's site today, using both strawberries and blueberries, for our Independence Day block party. I think it will be beautiful if I frost the top and sides in whipped cream. (Don't worry. It will be chilly, light sweater weather when the desserts come out.) Thanks for the prompt reply! Cheers, ;o)

sdebrango May 26, 2016

Hi AJ, I do the same every Fourth of July with strawberry and blueberry it's wonderful. Happy Memorial weekend to you and yours ?