🔕 🔔

Can you recommend a reliable recipe for top-loading hot dog buns (also called "New England style" by some)?

I am particularly looking for instructions in shaping and baking them. (I have several great bread doughs - such as my own milk and honey loaf -- that I could and probably will use.) Thanks so much, everyone. ;o)

asked almost 2 years ago

23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

Like the "Wiener Wagons" of my youth? No, no recipe- I'd bet your bread recipe works fine- maybe form the buns and use a short length of relatively light pipe- 1/2" electrical conduit, maybe- on to form the valley. Sounds like it would be fun to experiment with, but I never really liked that style of buns.

Ted

King Arthur Flour has a recipe -- they shape the rolls in a specific pan. A search on their website will show a few entries.