🔕 🔔

How long is cooked meat good for in the fridge? I cooked several chicken breasts on sat nite, now it's tues nite and I never got around to using it in a casserole or soup. Is it still good? How long till it's not good? Thanks you.

asked by Reen over 7 years ago

They should still be fine, but I'd use them soon. USDA says 3-4 days for cooked chicken that has been properly refrigerated.

virgieandhats

This site is an amazing help in the area of food storage:
http://www.stilltasty.com...

As hardlikearmour says, in the case of your item, 3-4 days for cooked chicken parts.

innoabrd

Keep in mind that often something will still be safe, but as you keep it longer, it'll start to deteriorate, flavour-wise. Mind you, I'm of the opinion that most white meat chicken doesn't have much flavour anyway...