🔕 🔔

Hi! I want to make 1/2 of a yeasted bread recipe. The recipe calls for one packet of active dry yeast. Silly question, but can I use the same amount of yeast or should I halve that also?

asked by sararl77 almost 7 years ago

Use 1/2. It's a ratio thing. Unlike most forms of cooking bread is chemistry.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

half a package is 1 & 1/8th tsp. if you keep the rest tightly sealed in the fridge you can save it for your next half batch.

Cut the amount of yeast in half, along with all the other ingredients. I do it all the time, and it works beautifully.

Half the yeast . When it comes to Yeast, too much can be a very bad thing. Often times when multiplying a recipe, you shouldn't multiply the yeast. Learned this from the King Arthur Flour folks, and it has proved to be true.