Anyone have a chocolate mug cake recipe they like?

Want my kids to make mug cakes tonight and want a good recipe.

asked by Lara over 2 years ago

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

just go to the search on the upper right of this page. A couple of recipes will come up.

Canine chef - yes you can store the mixed powders in individual portions (in small plastic food containers or glass jars) and bake as needed. Probably months at room temp.

Here's a good basic one from some cute English guys (the "sorted" team) on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com...
Also, all recipes has several.
Llast, some basic points and safety tips on google:
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=cautions+about+baking+in+a+mason+jar

PS Assumed you wanted them to bake from scratch. If not, there's the classic short cut of mixing contents of one box each, cake mix & instant pudding mix. Then divide that powder in 8 portions. To each portion, add 1 large egg (2 oz), 1 tbsp oil, 1 to 3 tbsp water. Mix, microwave 2 to 2.5 minutes. Voila! Eat as is or garnish to taste.
On flavors one can mix and match to taste preference and - if needed - nut allergies, but I have found a chocolate cake mix (standard box, about 18 oz) and pistachio pudding mix (about 3 oz box) give lovely results.

caninechef

Question on the cake mix/pudding mix option: Can you store the premixed dry ingredients and then bake individual cakes as desired?

Lara

Used recipe from food network . Yes from scratch and kids enjoyed making and eating :)

Sean R

Yes! Check out this Two-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake from Lucky Peach:
http://luckypeach.com/recipes...

Lara

Thx. There are so mAny recipes online and just wanted one someone used and liked.

Lara

Sean R

I hope you and your kiddos enjoy! As everyone says, mug cakes are dangerously easy to make.... ;)

Lara

Thoughts on subbing dark brown sugar for light in cookie recipe?

Yes, Canine chef, the combined dry cake-pudding mix individual portions can be stored at room
temp and baked later. Probably months, maybe a year. I put them in small plastic food boxes or glass jars. Probably could go to work, with the egg oil water in another container, for a quick treat there.

caninechef

thanks

Sorry for double post. The first one seemed to have disappeared; now it's back.