🔕 🔔

Creative fruit/herb pairings for agua frescas

I'm looking for some creative fruit/herb combos to muddle in an agua fresca for non-drinkers at a fancy dinner party.

Past combinations I've enjoyed include pineapple/cilantro; strawberry/Thai basil; kiwi/mint.

Berries are abundant where I am, but I haven't seen many stone fruits yet this season.

asked by Imogen almost 2 years ago

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

Watermelon / mint or basil. , lemon / thyme

Blueberry + mint or Blueberry, Watermelon, & basil.

Jr0717

This link is for fruit-infused water, but the pairings would be nice for an aqua fresca as well:

https://www.buzzfeed.com...

This is for summery drinks in general, but again, might help with inspiration for some creative and thirst-quenching pairings!

http://greatist.com/eat...

Hope you come up with some tasty ideas!

Rae
Rae

orange & rosemary

scruz

some of the cucumber pairings with herbs sound nice and refreshing too.

Stephanie

Berry and tarragon or thyme.

I love the pineapple/cilantro idea - makes so much sense but not one I've ever thought of for this purpose. You could probably add mango to that combo as well.

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

I have grown to enjoy cilantro but a lot of people don't like it. Sometimes it does taste a little soapy. Not sure I would use the pineapple / cilantro combination only.

Emily | Cinnamon&Citrus

I've done pineapple-vanilla bean-black pepper before, and grapefruit thyme (I have added gin and campari to this for me, as I am a drinker!) Also a lemon-limeade infused with red chili flake simple syrup for a kick. Berry-wise, blackberries and blueberries both go wonderfully with rosemary.