Berry Sauce Suggestions.

I have strawberries, raspberries and blueberries in my freezer that I would like to use before berry season starts again. We are hosting a dinner party in two weeks and I would like to make a sauce or syrup with the berries to use on meringues or pound cake or ice cream and am looking for suggestions of interesting additions. Mint and bourbon, or red wine and bay, or vanilla and let the berries shine? I'm looking for suggestions. Thanks

F92231df 227e 4486 9cc8 279621ca1481  harvest party

Michele April 3, 2017
We use Chambord for our frozen berries and it is delicious. Warm the berries, add a bit of sugar and then add Chambord. Easy and so wonderful.

amysarah April 3, 2017
As I usually have a bottle of Creme de Cassis (black currant liqueur) on hand to make Kirs in the summer, I've often added it to berry sauces for ice cream or panna cotta. Works very well.

C S. April 3, 2017
Interesting. I will look into our liqueur cabinet and see if there is anything that would make a good combination. Thank you.

MMH April 3, 2017
I have a friend who melts jelly & adds the fresh berries to it. For example - raspberries in raspberry jam. I've tasted it - very good.

C S. April 3, 2017
Interesting but I already have too much jam and no need to increase the volume. Sounds delicious though.

MMH April 3, 2017
It's actually a good way to use up what you already have!

Trena H. April 2, 2017
Here's a non-recipe for a trifle that might be nice for your dinner party. You could make a syrup out of your berries and layer it with angel food cake or anything else that strikes your fancy. Here's the link https://food52.com/blog/11890-how-to-make-a-trifle-without-a-recipe

C S. April 3, 2017
Thank you Trina this sounds perfect. I like the idea that I can play around with what I have and that rather than being plated each person can help themselves to how much they would like.