Your personal shoppers, leaving home not required. Shop gift guides »
🔕 🔔

I am looking for a recipe for a nacho meat that is sweet tasting

I have had nachos at ball parks that have a meat on top that tastes sweet. I have asked and no one will share their recipe-anyone have any they could share? I can't do spicy foods.

asked by Carla Walda 5 months ago

I have had empanadas with a sweet meat filling, and if my memory serves me correctly, the filling was made from ground pork, raisins, nuts (not sure what kind, though), and mincemeat.

It was cooked down with cinnamon, nutmeg, and a boatload of other spices, I'm sure, but it tasted and looked like it was cooked together in a thick sauce.

I don't know if maybe this would help guide your search, but it's worth a shot! Good luck!

PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

I don't have an exact recipe, you can look up some recipes on Food52 or on line (pioneer woman has a good one) and just eliminate the heat part like the chili powder and add some sweet. I assume when you say spicy you mean heat. Sorry I son't have exact measurements but here is how I would do it , you will have to taste as you go. for a lb of ground beef , I would dice and saute a small onion till soft and a little browned, add the meat, salt & pepper, brown the meat , pour off the excess fat . add some brown sugar, some honey , some cumin to taste,, garlic powder, some smoked paprika for a little warmth ,add a small can of diced tomatoes , you can add beans also if you like. Add some chopped fresh cilantro at the very end to taste and squeeze some lime juice on it. Hopefully that helps unless someone comes up with a more detailed recipe. good luck and let me know how it turns out.

F92231df 227e 4486 9cc8 279621ca1481  harvest party

I would think for sweet you might want to use raisins like for a picadillo. Here is a recipe from the NYT. http://cooking.nytimes.... The other way would be to use a barbecue sauce mixed in after you have browned the meat with onion and whatever else you want to use.

Okay I did the link wrong but google picadillo and there are several recipes online.

PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

Good call C Sangueza, I forgot about the raisins . I usually add them with pine nuts to meatballs and I have seen them in tacos before.

C3530c17 ce9c 45b2 9755 cac310550f38  pi day 2015

If this was at a ballpark, is it possible they are using pulled pork in a barbecue sauce?