🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Grandma Virginia's Oven-Fried Chicken

B65b3cad a242 438b bef4 eac9acd5177a  2014 0318 wc grandma virginias fried chicken 005

I have a question about the recipe "Grandma Virginia's Oven-Fried Chicken" from luvcookbooks. Do I cut the brine in half if I would like to use 4 pcs instead of 8?

asked by Two Trays Kitchen almost 2 years ago

Absolutely.

The point is to submerge the chicken pieces in the brine. Having more brine doesn't do anything. Also, making extra brine and freezing some of it doesn't make sense either since brine is so cheap & quick to make and it unnecessarily takes up a lot of freezer space.

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Yes, you just need to cover the chicken pieces.