Can you cook puff pastry in a pressure cooker?

Can you cook puff pastry in a pressure cooker but without the pressure. just a normal lid on.

asked by bakeratheart almost 2 years ago

C Sangueza

Puff pastry is usually baked - it needs the dry heat to become crisp. I can't imagine it would work on the stove top with any sort of pan. Good luck.

Like C Sangueza said, it needs to bake to brown. Is there a reason you want to cook it in a pressure cooker? Are you putting it over something you've cooked in there (like a pot pie thingy)? Or are you in a kitchen with limited supplies?

bakeratheart

Hi Lisanne! I don't have an oven in my current place! Since you can bake a cake in a cooker (although not so well), i was wondering if it will work with puff pastry as well.

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

Do you have a toaster oven? Tricky but it might work. What do you think C Sangueza and Lisanne?

bakeratheart

No! Unfortunately i just have a non-convection microwave. But thanks :)

Consensus seems to be nix on the puff pastry in pressure cooker.
But there ARE ways to make bread and fruit cobbler (using a biscuit like topping) in pressure cooker.
Carbs R Us?

Do you by chance have an outdoor gas grill? I use mine as an oven all year round. Recently, I used it to bake bread from the 5 Minute Artisnal Bread and it worked perfectly.