🔕 🔔

I made Erin McDowell's French Buttercream, but it came out as a bowl full of liquid. Is there any way to salvage it?!

Unfortunately, I don't have a stand mixer, so I'm doing this all by hand (which definitely isn't helping!).

asked by Kate almost 2 years ago

PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

Maybe Martha can help you: http://www.marthastewart...

E733ec49 98a6 42ab 9676 fbc364392a85  kate topalis photo

Thank you, that helped a lot! I couldn't decide if heating or cooling was the way to go, so I started by heating it further over a double boiler and then whisking like crazy as it cooled. It's been in the fridge for a couple hours now, and seems to be thickening up pretty quickly! Fingers crossed

PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

how did it work out?

Fe30e51a 9e41 4007 93f5 f8b0a3545f25  fb avatar

Most buttercreams can be melted , and chilled, then whipped again. It is the magic of egg protein + sugar + fat magic!