🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Grain-Free Banana Bread

E370b0b0 1c97 40e1 9fb0 3b0dbb082578  grain free banana bread ii

I have a question about the recipe "Grain-Free Banana Bread " from shauna.ahern. What are the measurements in cups and tablespoons and teaspoons?

asked by Sue about 1 year ago

Amy

Unless you are super keen on this particular recipe, you are far better off using a family recipe or a favorite from home and subbing Bob's Red Mill 1:1 baking flour. It's a 1 to one replacement flour that is gluten free. I am a pastry chef and I use this all the time...it's amazing! There are things that you can't do with the flour (ie: sub it in a yeast bread recipe), but for baked goods, almost always turns out identical to the normal version. Now, BRM has a Gluten Free Baking mix too with a red label...don't use that one. You want the blue label called 1:1. Good luck!

It's really more accurate to measure flours by weight than volume for baking, it's worth moving to using a scale for better success. Unfortunately the weights given don't exactly line up with standard cup/tablespoon/teaspoon measurements so you may have to just get close.
Almond flour - there are 96 grams per cup. The recipe calls for 100 grams so maybe just be a tiny bit generous.
Arrowroot - 60 grams is nearly half a cup (.47 cup)
Buckwheat - 50 grams is nearly half a cup (.42 cup)
Coconut oil - 80 grams is just over 1/3 cup (.37 cup)

It looks like the rest of the ingredients are in the type of measure you desire. Best of luck with the recipe. I haven't tried this particular one, but I've had good luck with others of hers that I've made.

It looks like the other ingredients in the recipe