🔕 🔔

Individual dessert ideas for a bridal shower?

I'm going to a bridal shower and have to bring a dessert. Wondering if anyone has any ideas for a cute individual desserts? Prefferably with fruit!

asked by Hollie D about 1 year ago

2487144e c60d 4bdc b4cc 4af767a9ad96  img 6405

Real quick and easy, buy the pre-made frozen pastry cups. Bake, cool and fill with mixed berries or fruit. You can top them or leave them plain. Or, make mini-cupcakes frost and top with a berry and a piece of fresh mint. BB

PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

Chocolate covered strawberries

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

The No-Bake Mascarpone tarts are wonderful and make-ahead. You fruit in season and they look so pretty. I'm not sure how many will be attending your shower but you can purchase cute mini tart pans at a restaurant supply store. The method is easy to customize. http://chefsavvy.com/recipes...

I made desserts for a couple of restaurants years ago. One of the summer favorites were individual berry tarts. I had little 4 inch tart pans. I made a shortbread crust like you would for lemon bars. Baked them off. Filled them with pastry cream. I think I used Julia's recipe. Then placed raspberries or blueberries in concentric circles and lastly painted the berries and the edges of the crust with apricot jam that I melted down. If you feel like purchasing the tart pans, they really are useful and the dessert is spectacular.

I've done something similar with fruit tarts. I made them in mini muffin tins which allowed for bite sized portions.

I'm imagining this like a potluck where you can bring a smaller-than-full-sized serving item. If so, I like serving panna cotta or mousse in plastic 3 oz shooter cups with mini spoons. They're adorable topped with small diced fruit and a little swirl of whipped cream. I've seen small martini/champage glasses too for more decorate-able area and less concern about mini spoons. (Party City, Amazon)

Anything in those tiny 4oz. Ball jars eaten with demitasse spoons. I'm doing mini key kime pies next but pudding or trifle have been big hits previously.

Agree on the half cup canning jars.
Along the lines of your creamy key lime pie, also consider
creme brulee
mexican flan
lemon curd
...any or all of which can be topped with fruit just before serving.

Forgot to mention that World Market sells stainless steel "cocktail" spoons by the dozen for $8. I prefer them to teaspoons for any dessert/ice cream eating.

Depending on how many are attending an absolute favorite of guests are my fruit tarts. I use individual tart pans (with removable bottoms). It is a buttery crust with a sweet cream cheese on the bottom and topped with fruit and a lime glaze.

26cb2fb7 38b2 4cec 9991 f9ed8ece9f0d  fruittarts

Macarons and petit fours can be tinted to go with colour schemes or to match other thematic elements.

I have a weakness for small lemon tarts or small cheesecakes garnished with fruit.

I think making the bride's favourite desserts in miniature is a cute way to personalize.

If the wedding is going to be more rustic, miniature pies or hand pies are very trendy right now.

I made a cheesecake batter and baked it in mini-cupcake holders (from simplybaked.us). They also have little wooden spoons. I topped each cheesecake with edible flowers. The batter made about 36 little cheesecakes - perfect size for bridal/baby showers.

66550c4c 37d9 429d b3b8 f6f65ab3cf39  dscn1008

Adorable! Great idea, Bunnee!

74ae45ce 244b 4655 8a1e a8655c72047a  img 4116

This is my absolute favorite cheesecake recipe and the timing is already for individual portions: http://www.foodandwine...

I've served a variation for a 50th anniversary party in 4oz glass jars, as mentioned above by Bawa, instead of ramekins. For the fruit topping I made pickled blueberries (because the couple got married in Maine) which was a big hit.

To make any pickled berries/cherries, adapted from a Hugh Acheson recipe: 1) Defrost & strain 1 lb frozen fruit. Then place in medium/large glass jar or bowl. 2) combine 1 cup of white balsamic vinegar, 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 cinnamon stick, 5 pieces of star anise and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt in a sauce pan. 3) Bring it all to a boil, boil for 5-10 minutes depending on how strong you want the spices to be. 4) Pour the hot liquid with spices over the fruit, cover and put in the fridge after it comes down to room temp. Best if you make it 3 days ahead.