Puttanesca with grapes...

I was making a puttanesca sauce and I just saw some grapes in the fridge and thought, why not. So I added the grapes in the sauce and
*whispers*
It's delicious

asked by Derek Xiao almost 2 years ago

Derek Xiao

Minced finely of course

My mother-in-law "secret ingredient" is raisins for her meatballs and sauce. Grapes do sound tasty.

Community Editor at Food52

The "*whispers* it's delicious" made me smile! Upload your recipe to share it with us all! Also, I see you just recently signed up for an account -- welcome to Food52!!

Derek Xiao

I'm not quite sure, I think around 20-30 grapes per pound of pasta sounds about right, don't want the grapes to be too obnoxious tho, I want them to gently murmur. I tossed in the almost completely mashed grapes at the very end right before I turned off the fire, tossed the pasta in the sauce, and added cheese. I used a classic puttanesca sauce with all the proper ingredients (Olives, capers, anchovies, tomatoes, uh might be forgetting something but yea, nothing special)

Haha murmur

Derek Xiao

And thanks for the welcome~