🔕 🔔

an i beat egg yolks for 10 minutes then use them in a cooked custard for Tiramisu?

i am trying to combine Tiramisu recipes,,, 1 has an uncooked custard & for that it says to whisk eggs for 8-10 minutes .... but there is another recipe that you cook the custard BOTH take 6 egg yolks so I am wondering what would happen if I beat the egg yolks for that long & then cooked them?

asked by Theresa 4 months ago
F92231df 227e 4486 9cc8 279621ca1481  harvest party

Egg yolks do not whip up the way the whites do. If you beat them that long they will get thicker and lighter colored but I am not sure that you gain anything by beating them for that long. In fact they make become hard more quickly. I would stick to one recipe and try it out before trying to combine the techniques from two different ones.

PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

I agree with C Sangueza , it is not going to end well for you trying to combine the recipes.