sunchokes or jerusalem artichokes - I don't have enough for soup, but should I peel them and roast them? not peel them and roast them? slice them & pan fry them? roast them w/other roots and toss w/couscous? suggestions, please!

asked by deborahlquinn over 7 years ago

relentless

Cut them into scallop-sized pieces and trim off a few of the gnarlier-looking bumps but don't peel them. Sear them in oil in a hot cast-iron pan then transfer to a 450 degree oven. Turn them a couple times for a total of 15-20 minutes in the oven, toss with salt and pepper. Super delicious and simple. A starter or a side. We just cook them and eat them while we are deciding what to have for dinner!

schlegela

I don't bother to peel. I just scrub well roast with some evoo and salt and then throw a dash of balsamic vinegar on after cooking.

Anitalectric
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

They are so good raw. Just slice really thin and marinate in lemon, olive oil, dill, S&P. Here is a pizzetta I made that has them on top along with caramelized onions and cashew ricotta.

innoabrd

I think they're delicious raw, but wouldn't serve them to guests as they can give some people, myself included, serious gas.