A question about a recipe: Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Bake

9e1df435 f902 48b6 a8a0 0f20ebe9caaa  2016 0503 baked vegan cauliflower alfredo with spring vegetables james ransom 013

I have a question about the recipe "Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Bake " from Gena Hamshaw. What is nutritional yeast?

asked by Martin Belderson over 2 years ago

It's an actual yeast that is heat dried and therefore deactivated. It has a kind of cheesy quality. It's delicious on cauliflower, kale, popcorn etc. You can get it at many grocery stores or health food stores. I get mine at Whole Foods in their bulk section. I like the flaked version. Brags also has it in a spice type container in powdered form.

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

I'm newly converted - I can't eat popcorn without it, delicious! Oftentimes it's fortified with B12. I made some kale chips the other day and it was very good.