🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Spanish Roasted Potato Salad

5ac1c8e6 5d9f 428b a814 9180558f2ab1  2017 0908 potatoes recipe hero spanish potato salad bobbi lin 1334

I have a question about the recipe "Spanish Roasted Potato Salad" from MySocialChef. How necessary is the olive oil? Could I use duck fat instead??

asked by Jacob Crim about 1 year ago

ktr

I don't see why you couldn't use the duck fat to roast the potatoes. But you might want olive oil or another liquid fat for the dressing. I think the dressing would be too thick if made with duck fat. Of course, you could melt the fat and then make the dressing and pour it over the potatoes while warm.

Hopefully the recipe author will chime in, but I say go for it. It will be a much deeper flavor profile, but this recipe has big flavors.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Assuming you mean for roasting the potatoes - duck fat sounds wonderful. Never encountered duck fat Patatas Bravas in Spain, but would have been happy to! (Duck fat and potatoes are good friends in general.)

Also, duck fat aioli is amazing. It's often made with 1/2 duck fat and 1/2 tasteless oil like grape seed or light tasting olive oil.