A question about a recipe: Spanish Roasted Potato Salad

Fa1850f4 7094 4082 929e 3e73fd848016  2017 0828 potatoes white spanish hero bobbi lin 5144

I have a question about the recipe "Spanish Roasted Potato Salad" from MySocialChef. How necessary is the olive oil? Could I use duck fat instead??

asked by Jacob Crim almost 2 years ago

ktr
ktr

I don't see why you couldn't use the duck fat to roast the potatoes. But you might want olive oil or another liquid fat for the dressing. I think the dressing would be too thick if made with duck fat. Of course, you could melt the fat and then make the dressing and pour it over the potatoes while warm.

Hopefully the recipe author will chime in, but I say go for it. It will be a much deeper flavor profile, but this recipe has big flavors.

Assuming you mean for roasting the potatoes - duck fat sounds wonderful. Never encountered duck fat Patatas Bravas in Spain, but would have been happy to! (Duck fat and potatoes are good friends in general.)

Also, duck fat aioli is amazing. It's often made with 1/2 duck fat and 1/2 tasteless oil like grape seed or light tasting olive oil.