🔕 🔔

How do i bake frozen boneless ribs

I'm cooking frozen boneless ribs in the oven and I was wondering how safe it is. I didn't have time to thaw. I know thawing is preferred. I followed a Google post about baking frozen boneless but it didn't say for how long, and what the safety measures are. I'm just cooking them uncovered on a cookie sheet and turning them manually here and there. Are they done when they look done, inside and out? Thanks.

asked by Shawn Ian Contreras 12 months ago

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

If I recall correctly, commercial food processors cook frozen meat all the time (it's safe) and it's something like 1.5x the time of cooking thawed cold meat.

In any case, cooking meat is not about time. It's about reaching the proper/target internal temperature.

Good luck.

B4225bbd 506d 49c4 95ce 53e7367f950f  fb avatar

Thank you.

Do you know cooking time and degrees to use? I did mine for about one hour at 375°. They looked done inside and out. Outside was a little dark.

Again, it's not about the time.

Since you don't specify exact what cut of meat you are talking about, I suggest you cook the meat to 170 degrees and then start tasting for texture.

From my personal experience, things that need to be cooked to a higher internal temperature are cooked via a cooler heat source than something needs to reach a lower internal temperature.

Of course, there are plenty of folks here would disagree, so again your best guideline is to follow internal temperature and your own personal preference of cooking style.

Good luck.

Well i don't care about preference so much as not getting sick or dying from food poisoning or bacteria from not cooking correctly. Btw, they were store bought ribs. Package says they were 2 lbs total, cut into like 8 pieces. About two or three inches long, about a half an inch to an inch thick.

Oh and i don't have a food temperature thingy so i just inspected the meat and it was white on the inside after about an hour of baking.

A meat thermometer will help you get consistent results every time, but people have been cooking for millennia without meat thermometers.

Cook it until it is done, meaning to your liking. After all, you are going to eat it, not us.

Good luck.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

While its certainly true that the internal temperature matters most (and you need a dependable instant read probe to be sure) the end result of "baking them" is going to produce something that doesn't taste very good anyway. If you have to cook straight from the freezer it would be better to braise them. And you can use a microwave to at least get the defrosting process going faster.