I made a walnut rosemary bread last Friday... I still have about a 1/4 of a loaf left... can I use it for something or is week old bread something that should be tossed. I usually put half the loaf in the freezer so this does not happen...

asked by Lucia from Madison over 7 years ago

This would make wonderful French toast, bread pudding, strata -- anything where the bread is soaked. Or wonderful bread crumbs!

mzlizzle

Walnut rosemary bread, yum! As long as it's not moldy, I say use it. What about a bread pudding with goat cheese and dried cranberries? Or you could cut it into cubes, coat with olive oil and saute until crispy for croutons on a sweet-and-savory salad. Good luck!

testkitchenette

croutons!

spiffypaws

stuffing for a roast chicken

betteirene

Go here, http://www.food52.com/recipes...
We love this stuff. If you don't fancy it plain, do what A&M suggest and make some sort of Monte Cristo or a plain old grilled cheese from it.

brandon

make a dressing, or use it to make gazpacho

innoabrd

would make a great stuffing for a chicken!

Aliwaks

My favorite use for "old bread" is to use it as a base for a roast chicken...http://www.food52.com/recipes...