🔕 🔔

I made what I thought was going to be hard-boiled eggs for lunch today but in running around getting ready to leave seem to have messed up my timing -- they are definitely still a bit runny. I've had them in the fridge since this morning. Is it ok to store and eat soft-boiled eggs? Instinct is no. Thanks!

asked by sabrina0 over 7 years ago

Verdigris

If used within a couple of days they should be fine. You can warm them gently in the microwave with a little butter salt and pepper and served chopped on toast for a nice treat.

Reheated they should be safe if not the best. To properly cook hardboiled eggs place them in a pan with cold water. Bring the water just to a boil and then turn off the flame. Allow them to sit in the water for 18 minutes and then remove and plunge into cold water. Lunch.

Absolutely, they are safe.