🔕 🔔

I made what I thought was going to be hard-boiled eggs for lunch today but in running around getting ready to leave seem to have messed up my timing -- they are definitely still a bit runny. I've had them in the fridge since this morning. Is it ok to store and eat soft-boiled eggs? Instinct is no. Thanks!

asked by sabrina0 over 6 years ago
B6a74962 31fc 4e50 b866 0ea34483cfb8  fb avatar

If used within a couple of days they should be fine. You can warm them gently in the microwave with a little butter salt and pepper and served chopped on toast for a nice treat.

401c5804 f611 451f a157 c693981d8eef  mad cow deux

Reheated they should be safe if not the best. To properly cook hardboiled eggs place them in a pan with cold water. Bring the water just to a boil and then turn off the flame. Allow them to sit in the water for 18 minutes and then remove and plunge into cold water. Lunch.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Absolutely, they are safe.