Chicken pot pie soggy puff pastry crust

My family loves the Keepers chicken pot pie recipe but the store-bought puff-pastry crust always turns out soggy and raw on the bottom. Any suggestions?

Smaug October 5, 2016

Not a pot pie person myself, but I don't think they usually have a bottom crust.

mrsfurious
mrsfurious October 5, 2016

Sorry--I wasn't clear--it's the top crust that has a soggy bottom--where the puff pastry sits on the filling, it gets soggy.

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich October 5, 2016

I'm not familiar with the Keepers chicken pot pie recipe. Here's a link to a recipe that's turned out very well for me in the past using store bought puff pastry. https://food52.com/recipes...

sexyLAMBCHOPx October 5, 2016

Hi, I use a different recipe that uses a rectangular baking dish. I always cut about 3 slits on the top. Once my store-bought puff pastry is defrosted I cut with overhang and place it in the freezer for a bit before it's draped over the casserole. Make sure your oven is super hot, then drape the pastry over, crimp, tuck and bake ASAP in the oven to help with the sogginess.