🔕 🔔

Anyone know how to make Rose Water? I just wondered if it could be done at home. I've lots of roses, and I frequently save the hips. It seems economical to make it rather than buy it.

asked by Hilarybee over 6 years ago

211ab5bd 0ad4 4c53 ba1e 328efbe655fd  fb avatar

Sure--pretty easy to do too. I posted this last spring--let me know if it works for you. Makes rose hydrosol, better fragrance than rosewater. Add a little witch hazel for longevity. Pictures & how to: http://nickelmoon.blogspot...

67da29df 0253 44dd 98a1 250b49e519a4  hilary sp1

Thank you!

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Wow, Ms Nickel, that's amazing. Thanks for the share!!! I've book marked the link for when my roses bloom this summer.

C45c94a0 2e08 45bf a73c 4235d1b3c4bb  image

I am not a rose expert, but I think the roses for making rosewater are centifolia, damasks or gallicas. Many garden roses are hybrids that have little scent (or less than those grown specifically for rosewater); if you aren't sure what type of roses you have you might want to check with a nursery. Good luck, it sounds interesting!

Cool technique, but rosewater makes me kind of queasy...

really exceptional display of ingenuity