Anyone know how to make Rose Water? I just wondered if it could be done at home. I've lots of roses, and I frequently save the hips. It seems economical to make it rather than buy it.

asked by Hilarybee over 7 years ago

Ms Nickel

Sure--pretty easy to do too. I posted this last spring--let me know if it works for you. Makes rose hydrosol, better fragrance than rosewater. Add a little witch hazel for longevity. Pictures & how to: http://nickelmoon.blogspot...

Hilarybee

Thank you!

Wow, Ms Nickel, that's amazing. Thanks for the share!!! I've book marked the link for when my roses bloom this summer.

Sadassa_Ulna

I am not a rose expert, but I think the roses for making rosewater are centifolia, damasks or gallicas. Many garden roses are hybrids that have little scent (or less than those grown specifically for rosewater); if you aren't sure what type of roses you have you might want to check with a nursery. Good luck, it sounds interesting!

innoabrd

Cool technique, but rosewater makes me kind of queasy...

brandon

really exceptional display of ingenuity