Is there a high domed splatter guard for oven use?

So many delicious chicken recipes call for high oven heat, it would be nice to find a high domed splatter to cover a roasting pan. Am I crazy?

asked by Sammy about 2 years ago

You know, this is something I've searched for for years. Domed, some kind of structure and mesh to let air flow through - I even once asked a friend whose company makes cooking equipment why they didn't make this as an optional accessory to fit their roasting or baking pans (like the racks offered with some.) I knew I wasn't the only one! Meanwhile, I tend to do a haphazard attempt at draping the oven with aluminum foil - better than nothing.

Something kind of like an outdoor food insect cover, only shaped to fit a roasting/baking pan and able to go in the oven: https://www.lawsonshop.co.uk/kitchenware/outdoor-dining/food-covers.html

Sammy

Thank you, I guess I have to talk to a metal fabricator. I saw one Rowenta used to make, but I can't find it for sale.

It would be so useful - not just for poultry, but any hi temp roasting, like prime rib, etc.

You might be able to do something with a metal colander.

Sammy

I haven't seen one big enough, but I'm going on the hunt now! I attached a picture of what I would love to find and modify.

I have a mesh, over sink colander that's about 13"x9", about 4" deep- no brand, but I bought it at Safeway, shouldn't be too hard to find.

Sammy

Thanks, I did find some online once I changed my search terms. I'm sure I can modify one, so I really appreciate the suggestion.