Is there a high domed splatter guard for oven use?

So many delicious chicken recipes call for high oven heat, it would be nice to find a high domed splatter to cover a roasting pan. Am I crazy?

  • Posted by: Sammy
  • October 7, 2016


Smaug October 7, 2016
You might be able to do something with a metal colander.
Sammy October 7, 2016
I haven't seen one big enough, but I'm going on the hunt now! I attached a picture of what I would love to find and modify.
Smaug October 8, 2016
I have a mesh, over sink colander that's about 13"x9", about 4" deep- no brand, but I bought it at Safeway, shouldn't be too hard to find.
Sammy October 8, 2016
Thanks, I did find some online once I changed my search terms. I'm sure I can modify one, so I really appreciate the suggestion.
amysarah October 7, 2016
You know, this is something I've searched for for years. Domed, some kind of structure and mesh to let air flow through - I even once asked a friend whose company makes cooking equipment why they didn't make this as an optional accessory to fit their roasting or baking pans (like the racks offered with some.) I knew I wasn't the only one! Meanwhile, I tend to do a haphazard attempt at draping the oven with aluminum foil - better than nothing.
amysarah October 7, 2016
Something kind of like an outdoor food insect cover, only shaped to fit a roasting/baking pan and able to go in the oven:
Sammy October 7, 2016
Thank you, I guess I have to talk to a metal fabricator. I saw one Rowenta used to make, but I can't find it for sale.
amysarah October 7, 2016
It would be so useful - not just for poultry, but any hi temp roasting, like prime rib, etc.
Recommended by Food52