🔕 🔔

I would like to freeze breakfast burritos

..but I want to use corn tortillas which don't freeze well. Can I freeze filling alone?

asked by Bev Ager 11 months ago

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

I've had great luck freezing breakfast burritos with flour tortillas. If you've had trouble freezing corn tortillas then I'd suggest freezing the filling. Be careful to consider that all of your ingredients in your filling freeze well. I've had success freezing cooked potatoes, onions, sausage, eggs, and peppers.

Thank you. I look forward to other responses also.

Trena Heinrich

Me too. You've inspired me to cook and freeze some for my family. I also like topping them with salsa and avocado.

I freeze corn tortillas all the time, but not when folded into a burrito. The freezing the filling is perfect. You could even freeze them in the portions you are going to use them in. Grated cheese actually freezes well too. If you freeze the tortillas with a sheet of wax paper or parchment between the tortillas, it's easy to grab as many as you need.

Thank you for your helpful answer.