I would like to freeze breakfast burritos

..but I want to use corn tortillas which don't freeze well. Can I freeze filling alone?

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich October 17, 2016

I've had great luck freezing breakfast burritos with flour tortillas. If you've had trouble freezing corn tortillas then I'd suggest freezing the filling. Be careful to consider that all of your ingredients in your filling freeze well. I've had success freezing cooked potatoes, onions, sausage, eggs, and peppers.

Bev Ager
Bev Ager October 18, 2016

Thank you. I look forward to other responses also.

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich October 18, 2016

Me too. You've inspired me to cook and freeze some for my family. I also like topping them with salsa and avocado.

Susan W October 18, 2016

I freeze corn tortillas all the time, but not when folded into a burrito. The freezing the filling is perfect. You could even freeze them in the portions you are going to use them in. Grated cheese actually freezes well too. If you freeze the tortillas with a sheet of wax paper or parchment between the tortillas, it's easy to grab as many as you need.

Bev Ager
Bev Ager October 19, 2016

Thank you for your helpful answer.